App and Bridge Bugs

Are you guys actually still a going concern? I ask, because after 3.5 years I was happy to get my lockitron (Bolt) and I was happy to get it up and working (mostly). However, it has been ages since there have been any updates. There has been no new firmware, no app updates, no fixes for all the minor problems and issues.

The “handedness” on my app is incorrect
The widget, on android, after I use it the title often says “loading” and the icon spins and spins after the action has been completed
The battery tells me it’s low even after changing out the batteries for brand new ones
The app doesn’t always update to indicate the state of the lock
My bridge falls off the network constantly for no reason
Plus other annoyances for things that don’t work exactly as they are supposed to - or at all

These are all things I’ve heard that fixes are coming for. I’ve heard this for months and months. Are there any updates that are coming? Are you actually working on resolving just some of the things that aren’t actually working correctly?

Or are you guys just doing what you did with the original lockitron and working on a new version and abandoning everyone with the original lockitron and now the bolts/bridges.

Just curious if we can actually expect updates to address the outstanding issues anytime soon.

Thanks

Stu

@Stu yup, working away.

• The “handedness” on my app is incorrect

We’ve got a firmware update coming for this. You can try the beta now if you let us now, or wait.

• The widget, on android, after I use it the title often says “loading” and the icon spins and spins after the action has been completed

Let us know via support about this sort of thing. Wasn’t aware of this.

• The battery tells me it’s low even after changing out the batteries for brand new ones

See above re firmware update.

• The app doesn’t always update to indicate the state of the lock

When connected via Bluetooth? Remotely? Firmware update helps Bridge to pick up the state more accurately.

• My bridge falls off the network constantly for no reason

What’s the RSSI on WiFi? You can find this under Bridge diagnostics.

Or are you guys just doing what you did with the original lockitron and working on a new version and abandoning everyone with the original lockitron and now the bolts/bridges.

The topic is editorializing and not helpful. I’ll amend the title. We issued firmware updates for the crowdfunded Lockitron after we announded Bolt as well continue to support customers via email on this product.