Bolt Firmware Update 1496963301 - Release Notes

After extensive testing and improvements, we’ve just released version 1496963301 of the Bolt firmware. This firmware is a mega release and has a number of improvements and introduces some new features into beta:

• Fixes bug where users needed to tap unlock twice on some doors to fully withdraw the Bolt
  • Fixes bug in battery percentage reporting that would return impossible values (i.e. 140%)
  • Improves timeouts in cases where one device was staying connected for too long to Bolt
  • Resolves certain cases where the device would crash until a battery was removed and replaced

Additional features (largely in beta due to pending client updates and web updates):

• Adds support for Keypad
  • Adds beta support for auto-unlocking (note: due to syncing issues in the apps, it may take several attempts to enable or disable this feature; it can be found in the web dashboard)
  • Adds alpha support for returning logs from the device for offline events (i.e. when the lock was turned by hand or key)
  • Adds beta support for changing the power mode of the device to optimize it for different scenarios including longer battery life, improved Sense connectivity (in some scenarios) or optimal Bridge connectivity

The good news is that while these additional features are “beta” in due to lagging client support, you won’t need to update the lock again in order to take advantage of them as we update the clients and web server.

Just updated. My battery level says 0% when before I updated it was in the 40’s. Lock seems to be working just fine. So what could be the problem?

@Nadforever how many months have you had them in? It’s possible it’s a spurious reading, but the update has more protections to prevent that. Maybe app didn’t sync correctly until the update.

Just updated when the iOS prompted.
My firmware shows 1461012547 different than what you mention above.
Clicking on upgrade firmware said I’m already on the latest… hmmmmm

@Eggyacid opt to continue past that message. The logic that checks to see if you’re on the latest build can be a bit slow to update.

Been testing out the new firmware and got some problems. I selected 5 seconds for the auto lock, and it worked fine but wasn’t enough time. I raised it to 15 and it worked but still wasn’t enough. I raised it to to 2 minutes and it stayed at 15 seconds so I raised it to 5 minutes hoping that would fix it. Now after an unlock the lock does the countdown beeping like it’s going to lock, but after 10 seconds or so it just stops and stays unlocked

Also sense is still really hit or miss

Just went through all time options one by one with a stopwatch. All worked except for 5 minutes. It stops beeping after 45 seconds and stays unlocked

I waited the full 5 minutes to see if it would still lock and had just stopped beeping but nothing.
I went back down to 2 minutes and that worked fine again.

Oh, you can edit posts.
Also, my battery level is listed at 0% also

@Omar_Cataldo syncing issues in the apps mean that the timer won’t always be set immediately leading to the discrepancy. I’ll check on the 5 minute timer.

How long have you had those batteries for?

Can confirm, times greater than 2+ minutes (or technically 255 seconds) will fail.

Fixed this issue in our codebase. Will push it to the beta build shortly. New upper limit is ~18 hours.

Thanks for spotting this.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.