Bolt - Shipping Updates

Cameron, I can’t resist the need to intervene here and ask: photogrammetrically speaking the three pallets
look somewhat less than a thousand units; how
many Bolts do they actually contain? And
If all “backer” orders ( which I interpret to mean
the original cohort in early 2012) are to be filled by the end of 2016, that leaves everyone else thereafter. When can they expect to have their orders fulfilled? And finally when could I hope to be assured of submitting an order and receiving the product I purchased by return of post or at most within a fortnight?

@Tophat it was far more than three pallets, that’s what the factory grabbed for us when we asked for some photos.

All backer units includes all migrated crowdfunded orders from 2012-2016 and Bolt preorders from 2015-2016; in fact anyone with a domestic Quicksilver order (who migrated using the same email address) from October 2012-December 2012 should have already received their units. As always, happy to send out to anyone we’ve missed in that cohort, just email support.

Domestic units will go out much more quickly than international as noted in the post; we’ve going to have to piece together what shipping was and was not paid. Those units will take some more time to sort out.

And finally when could I hope to be assured of submitting an order and receiving the product I purchased by return of post or at most within a fortnight?

Can you clarify? When can a new order placed on the website be expected to arrive within 2 weeks?

Wow; if what you say is true, you’ve made considerable progress in eliminating the backlog…though I guess perfecting the gold finish has resulted in delays still.

Yes, my final point is as you restated it; how long would one have to wait to receive their product ( assuming it’s the silver finish) if they placed an order at your website let’s say today?

@Tophat once the shipment arrives and is processed we’ll have ample Lockitron Bolts without Bridge (Quicksilver) although only for domestic buyers. We won’t be clear for new international orders until our backer backlog is complete there.

What about other colors? I backed a different color and I’m a April 2013 backer

How long will they take

@DGMurdockIII Satin Nickel, Polished Brass and Quicksilver are all coming on the same container. Modern Gold is the only one that’s a bit held back (we’re still expecting the factory to complete them this month).

any idea on keypad pricing yet? im super excited for that!

@Jason_Silva it might be a bit more to add-on after the fact (i.e. more than $50), but we’ll definitely offer special pricing for existing backers given our gratitude for sticking with us over the years :slight_smile:

Ok good because I picked Satin Nickel (Preview)

@DGMurdockIII yes, all of those on the way. They will arrive in Quicksilver packaging (since it was a limited SKU we didn’t design another wrap for the box), and are otherwise are the same as production units save finish.

[quote=“cameron, post:307, topic:2110, full:true”]
@antiflash support@lockitron.com would be able to offer additional help. I recommend noting that your order should have been shipped as it was one without Bridge; we have these in stock.

Just to let people know that I contacted support again and after they usual “we will put you on queue for next shipment” this time I had the pleasant surprise of a shipping notice soon after that!! Even if 17 weeks is a lot to wait for something that was promised in 1-2 weeks at least I can confirm this is not a scam. Hopefully they can fix their production and shipping problems to provide better experience for their customer. Now as an owner I can only wish them well (for continued support and updates) but I’ll just hold my recommendation to interested friends and family until I see in this tread they have sort out the shipping issues. Good luck Lockitron!

@cameron will our dashboards be updated. Mine hasn’t changed since the day that it was created so I could keep track of the progress of my order. “Your Lockitron’s PCB is complete. It’s currently awaiting lock components of your color finish and assembly.”

@ejulien we weren’t planning on it; if you have a domestic order, make sure your address is up to date as your unit may ship at any time once the container comes in a week or two.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Refund Questions

Any chance as a Canadian quicksilver only bolt preorder i will see my order before end of year ? I paid 30 dollars for shipping plus bolt price. Or do you have to go through all international orders first to see if charges outstanding before shipping any. Thanks for the continual updates Cameron

@Mike328 we’re going to be working on Canadian orders first because they’re the bulk of our international and expect fewer issues with customs. That said, I don’t have an exact expectation for when we’ll be able to work through all of them to verify. If you paid $30 then you should be all set; we can easily filter folks who preordered Bolt directly, it’s the migration orders that will take time.

Can I please get an update, I ordered a unit, I was told I would get it in October, via email and its mid November and still no end in sight, been waiting since 2011 kind of crazy.

@Mac_Gurus first crowdfunded Lockitron was announced in 2012 :stuck_out_tongue:

See http://blog.lockitron.com/post/153060435087/all-backer-units-complete-production-keypad-tips - all units for backers are on the way.

20 months since I ordered the bolt/bridge and still waiting and waiting and waiting…:disappointed:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Refund Questions