iOS App 2.3.0 - Release Notes

Thank you everyone who helped to beta test this app. We’re still working our some kinks in Sense (which is why we’re releasing it as a “beta” feature), however, I suspect many folks will appreciate the log out bug fix the most.

This version of the Lockitron app includes a number of bug fixes and new features including:

• Fix for logout on location change
  • Fix for “Cancel Lock” button
  • UI updates and fixes
  • Addition of Bluetooth icon in bottom right to indicate Bluetooth connectivity
  • Sense - our first public release of this feature in beta

The new Sense feature can be set up in two modes: Notification or Proximity Unlock. Proximity Unlock must first be calibrated by standing outside of your door and selecting “Calibrate Sense” from the Settings page of the desired lock. We recommend that you update to iOS 8.1.2 for the best performance. We’re still actively working on the Sense feature to solve any inconsistencies - for more on how Sense works, head to

If Lockitron crashes upon launch, you may need to disable Bluetooth, launch the app, log out and log back in again (see reply below, you may need to uninstall and re-install app).

We’re hearing of some folks with crashes which largely haven’t happened in our beta group for a while. This would be explained by a change in the app’s schema or an issue with Bluetooth on your Lockitron (less likely). @TrulsZK figured out that removing and re-installing the app should do the trick - App crash after update?.

Any sense beta for us android users?

@Jason_Silva we’re working on it - Bluetooth stability and consistency is first and foremost in the next Android release, but it will have a variant of Sense as well.

ok, was just curious as i see more focus and updates on ios over android. im guessing you guys only work on each os at a time?

@Jason_Silva it’s a mix. Overall we have less Android resources to tap into then iOS at the moment which has slowed development there.

@cameron Sense doesn’t seem to work after the first time.

I wasn’t able to have the Sense working after I left home again. I was away for more than 1km. I didn’t force kill the app.

Is there any step I need to do?

Do I need to turn off the Sense when I return home and enable it after I left home?

@j3390659 what iPhone model and iOS? Did you try Proximity Unlock or Notifications? It seems like Notifications is more reliable for folks at the moment.

@cameron iPhone 6 and iOS 8.0. Proximity Unlock.

I will try Notifications to see if it works better.

I’m 3 for 4 on sense proximity lock – pretty good so far. The one time it didn’t work, it ended up unlocking after i had already manually unlocked it (which of course didn’t do anything since I had already unlocked it, but I could hear the motor going)

Does GPS availability matter for Sense proximity unlock? I’m wondering if somebody has an apartment on a bottom floor with no clear sky light of sight, if that would pose a problem?

(One thing I have to my advantage is that my apartment has a clear line of sight to the sky. )

@ajohnson Your success rate is high. What iOS and iPhone are you using?

@ajohnson yes, we rely on geofences which are based on GPS, WiFi and cell towers and can be influenced by a variant of things. Are you running iOS 8.1.2?

IPhone 6 plus with iOS 8.1.2

Sense has been great with my iPhone, unlocking the door when I’m within 3 feet or so. LOVE it when my hands are full of groceries. Having a lever doorknob, I just lean on it with the elbow, and voila!

It failed once last night, requiring me to knock on the door before it worked – but I was talking on the phone at the time, if that makes any difference. May have been a bluetooth bug related to having had it connected to the car bluetooth when the call started and disconnecting by walking out of range.

That logout thing was getting old. THANKS for fixing that.

@ajohnson super helpful, thank you. We’re seeing a pattern with the 6 Plus having issues. We need to get one to test with, sorry for the bug.

Ugh. I updated all my apps and now I’ve ended up with the swipe again. Can you change it for me to just pressing lock or unlock again? It’s been working so well for the last couple months.

@DSK_Daniel if you uninstall/reinstall it should be back. This is part of the bug noted in the update messaging, sorry. The button type is set server side and shouldn’t swap randomly (if it does, it indicates an app problem).

Thanks. That worked.

@ajohnson have you tried restarting your iPhone completely then calibrating? Just learned via support that this helped someone; might reboot some BLE subsystem (rebooting is typically super helpful for BLE on Android, for instance).

Actually, now I’m having a new problem – my iPhone doesn’t seem to be connecting to the Lockitron via bluetooth at all.

In the past, when i walked near the lockitron with the lockitron app opened, the bluetooth indicator on the status line would turn white, but now it is not doing this at all.

When I rebooted my phone and tried to calibrate again, I got the “No connected lock detected”. This is not surprising, given the bluetooth indicator is not white as described above.

Does lockitron kick into some type of lower power bluetooth mode or disable it if the lockitron isn’t getting enough power? I have the lockitron plugged into the wall using the fake battery technique and a 5V/2Amp usb adapter. Maybe my lockitron isn’t getting enough power?

Just speculating at this point.

P.S. Oh, now it’s working again. I had my friend pull out his iPhone 6 plus and open the lockitron app – bluetooth icon came right on. After that, my bluetooth icon started working as well. Very strange.