I’m happy to announce a new update to my lockitron-bash script that will allow users of Lockitron v2 (crowdfunded) units to immediately lock/unlock.
- Bluetooth 4.0 w/BLE adapter connected to the system running lockitron-bash.
- System within range of the Lockitron v2 units.
- Script requires running as root.
How it works:
- The script attempts to connect to the Lockitron via BLE.
- While it is attempting to connect (and immediately disconnecting), then issues the lock/unlock via the Lockitron API.
Its pretty simple and may still have bugs, but this is a huge leap forward and opens the door (pun intended) for what I’ve wanted out of the Lockitrons since I got them - immediate unlock/lock.
Special thanks to @cameron for his help with making this possible!