Refund Questions

@cameron it has been 6 weeks since I received the refund email from Susan, who said it would take 4-6 weeks and I still have not received anything. I tried to reply to the email that Susan sent me on 1/13/15 for an update on 2/22/15, but no one has replied to me.

Can someone tell me when I’ll receive my refund?

@islanderman sorry, refunds outside of Stripe and Amazon are less straightforward. I’m personally issuing the check now since we couldn’t refund you directly.

@cameron thanks for the turnaround. I am hoping to see the product at amazon soon and I might come back and pay at that time.

@islanderman Did you ever receive your refund check? I am waiting for one but it has been well past six weeks and I am getting no response.

@interspectrum following up here, but emailed early today, sorry for the delay.

I canceled before a Lockitron was shipped. I was told I would receive a refund in the mail between 4-6 weeks on March 12th. I am going on 8 weeks and have emailed multiple times… almost once a week and have not received a response. Please let me know what the next step is and how I can receive a refund.

I’ve sent several emails inquiring as to when my refund will be issued. All of them ignored. Some professional courtesy would go a long way with a simple reply. This has been some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced and I’m extremely disappointed in your business practices. Where is my refund?

@Ewarz sorry, if your refund didn’t go through it typically means we need to cut a check since the system will no longer let us refund to your card. We will take a look at getting that issued for you.

I canceled before a Lockitron was shipped. I was told I would receive a refund in the mail between 4-6 weeks on March 12th. I am going on 8 weeks and have emailed multiple times… almost once a week and have not received a response. Please let me know what the next step is and how I can receive a refund. When I receive a refund I will be happy to post and update that I have received a refund.

@mjohnson your check should be on it’s way, sorry it’s taken a bit longer. Keep any eye out.

Also, merged similar topics into this one. Similar to delivery questions, it’s easier for us to deal with one thread on the same question.

Cameron, Thank you for your response. I will keep an eye out for the check and post an update when I have received it.

Cameron,
I am emailing you and support now to confirm my correct address since the initial order any additional payment was a long time ago I want to make sure you have a current mailing address. I emailed you and support with my current address. Thank you for your help.

I don’t get answers from customer support either and there are more and more alternatives to this product

@buckdharma sorry, I see a message from you from November which we replied to but nothing since. Let me know if there is something I can help out with, feel free to send me a PM.

I just wanted to chime in on the reports of the delays in receiving refunds on cancelled orders and poor communication by Support. I regret doing business with Lockitron and would not recommend them.

I cancelled my order 8 weeks ago. I was told that, due to using Amazon Payments, a check would have to be cut. This would take 4-6 weeks. After 7-8 weeks, no check and no response from Support despite sending 3 messages.

Buyer beware when giving you money to Lockitron!

I am messaging you to see if you can resolve my issue.

As I posted, “I cancelled my order 8 weeks ago. I was told that, due to using Amazon Payments, a check would have to be cut. This would take 4-6 weeks. After 7-8 weeks, no check and no response from Support despite sending 3 messages.” These messages were through the Contact link on your website.

This is in addition to the email as documented below:

1:
Subject: Cancel My Order
Date: March 30, 2015 at 9:57 AM
To: support@lockitron
Please cancel my order:
Andrew Smith
a*****@yahoo
Place in line: 14030
Order Date: January 16, 2014 at 07:23 AM PST
Thanks.
Andrew Smith

2:
Subject: You’ve cancelled your order
Date: March 30, 2015 at 11:38 AM
To: a*****@yahoo
You’ve cancelled your order
Hi Andrew,
We’re sorry to see you go! We’ve cancelled your order and
unsubscribed you from our mailing list. (If you would rather stay
subscribed, click here)
We’ve worked really hard on Lockitron and and we always
appreciate feedback. Could you tell us why you cancelled?
Keyless entry using your phone

3:
Subject: Re: Cancel My Order
Date: March 30, 2015 at 11:40 AM
To: Andrew Smith a*****@yahoo
Hi Andrew,
No problem - I have cancelled your order.
Since the order was charged through Amazon Payments, we will need to issue the refund in the form of a check. It can take 4-6 weeks for the
check to arrive.
We always appreciate feedback and would love if you could fill out this simple 2-question survey about your cancellation:

Best,
Susan

Susan
Customer Support, Apigy Inc.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 8:57 AM PDT, Andrew Smith a*****@yahoo wrote:
Please cancel my order:
Andrew Smith
a*****@yahoo
Thanks.
Andrew Smith

4:
Subject: Re: Cancel My Order - Still no Refund
Date: May 16, 2015 at 2:51 PM
To: Susan K support@lockitron
It has been 6 weeks and I have not received my refund check. Please update me ASAP. Thanks.
Andrew Smith
On Mar 30, 2015, at 11:40 AM, Susan K support@lockitron wrote:
Hi Andrew,
No problem - I have cancelled your order.
Since the order was charged through Amazon Payments, we will need to issue the refund in the form of a check. It can take 4-6 weeks for
the check to arrive.
We always appreciate feedback and would love if you could fill out this simple 2-question survey about your cancellation:

Best,
Susan

Susan
Customer Support, Apigy Inc.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 8:57 AM PDT, Andrew Smith a*****@yahoo wrote:
Please cancel my order:
Andrew Smith
a*****@yahoo
Thanks.
Andrew Smith

@amsmith @Descoss sorry for the delay, these have been issued.

Cameron,
Thank you for taking the time to look into my refund and make sure it was sent and sent to the correct address. I received it in a timely manner and appreciate your assistance.

Yes, I placed an order in January 2014. I like the idea but I am now moving to Japan and you don’t ship overseas.

I too have been having major issues getting a refund. I cancelled my order on February 19th and was told that a refund was being issued via check as I paid with Amazon payments. After not receiving the refund in the 4-6 window, I sent a follow-up email with no response. Almost 6 months later and countless emails, I am still waiting on my refund. How can this be resolved?