Refund Questions

At least you got something for it – several of us were waiting for Bridge and never even got Bolt.

I purchased a few lockitrons 1 year ago and haven’t received anything. After not receiving any updates or replies to my emails I decided to buy a different lock. Can someone please reach out to me or answer one of my many emails, I need my money back. Please!!!

I’ve email customer service so many times trying to get answers and I’ve heard nothing since they told me to go to Target and buy the Bridge and they would refund money for it. Now I’m out the money for the Bridge that they never shipped and this Target Bridge. Worst customer service ever.

I’m in the same boat…

Ordered back in May of 2013 and I have yet to receive anything. I’ve email support @ >5 times since November 2017 with no response. What can I do to get a reply?

Hello, same story here. Years of waiting. Keep getting promised it was in the next shipment and nothing. I kept holding out hope, but when I complained about repeated broken promises to ship, using absolutely no abusive language or inappropriate words (pretty much the same sentence as above) my message was quickly hidden as abusive. Hiding complaints about not receiving a product promised multiple times is the last straw. How do I get a refund?

As a quick reminder, best to reach out to support@lockitron.com with your desire to refund; should be caught up here with contacting folks on these requests, but if not please drop us a line.

@cameron I contacted support@lockitron.com two week ago about my purchase from 4 years ago (2014) that I still didn’t receive (not the first time I contacted them about it too) and “Aldwin Balungay” wasn’t able to tell me when I will receive what I purchased 4 years ago so I asked for a refund and to this day I’m still waiting for a reply about the refund.

Edit: Thank for the fast reply. I really appreciate it

@Etienne_Lessard just followed up via email, cancelled and refunded both.

Im sure there is reasons, but its really not good enough… Can someone reply to my email i just sent to support. I would like a full refund. Order 101856916

I originally ordered in Nov 11, 2013, no payment.

Systems then migrated and I paid to join queue on Jan 20, 2016

On Jul 21, 2016 i asked for an update,
Thanks for reaching out. The reason you’ve yet to receive your order is that Amazon is currently withholding our international orders; despite having international shipments enabled at our warehouses, they’re refusing to send Lockitron Bolt internationally.

This was an unanticipated step in the process and as it turns out, we are now having to find and work with a new partner for international orders. We’ve located several that we’re currently narrowing down for international shipments.

2 months later Sep 8, 2016
Please excuse our delay in getting back to you - we have a set of units arriving at the end of the month, some of which will go to the new warehouse to test international shipments. If this test is successful, we will be using the warehouse for the remaining units.

1 Month later Nov 25, 2016

We sincerely apologize for the continued delays of your order. As it turns out, we have not yet started our international shipment because we are working with our partner to get the exact customs fees and duties in each country that we offer international shipping.

As soon as we have the exact rates, we will immediately start shipping international orders as soon as possible. You can stay updated on all our recent news on shipments at http://blog.lockitron.com. We post all of our latest updates there.

2 months later - Jan 14, 2017
We sincerely apologize for our delay in getting back to you - we’re currently working to upgrade our dashboard to accommodate extra shipping charges where necessary for international orders.

Once the dashboard is updated and units have arrived at our international warehouse, we’ll be reaching out to confirm your shipping information. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Thank you for reaching out. We’ve been testing international orders and encountered some minor issues. We’re now awaiting more locks to arrive from our factory before reviewing international orders for shipment.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

6 months later Jun 12, 2017

We sincerely apologize for the continued delays of your order. As it turns out, we have not yet started our international shipment because we are working with our partner to get the exact customs fees and duties in each country that we offer international shipping.

As soon as we have the exact rates, we will immediately start shipping international orders as soon as possible. You can stay updated on all our recent news on shipments at http://blog.lockitron.com. We post all of our latest updates there.

Unfortunately, we don’t have an exact estimate when we will start our international shipments.

No blog updates or fb posts for over 1 year, seems the company is dead in the water.

198.75USD was paid. Can this please be refunded. I am sick of waiting.

@cameron still did not received any refund and it is >20 days.

Bridge - Shipping Updates

@Ludek I recommend reaching out to the support email directly so we can help you there. I processed this refund myself on May 11th; refunds can take up to two weeks, so it should have arrived by now.

I have emailed Lockitron over the years asking when I might receive the Lockitron device since backing the project in November 2012.

Last week, April 10th, I sent an email to the founder Cameron and support email to request a refund for the full amount paid for the device, additional add-ons and shipping costs. To date, I have received no response but believe the email has been read.

I can see that Cameron is active on this forum so would you kindly respond to me in this forum as to when you will refund the full amount since I feel I have been left with no other alternative.

Please find a copy of the email sent last week below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have still not received my Lockitron device, the backer migration that was mentioned did not take place, and I am no longer prepared to wait for the device to be delivered

I kindly request the $149.00 paid on 02/11/2012 for the initial backing, plus the additional amount paid for the custom deadbolt of $29.00 and shipping of $26.75 paid on 23/09/2014 to be repaid in full ($204.75) in the next seven days via the following payment link:

LINK REDACTED

You should be able to review my previous communications regarding this matter but should you be unable to or have any further questions please do let me know, as I have retained copies of the order and earlier emails.

Can you please confirm receipt of this email and when I shall expect the payment to be made.

Kind regards,

@NOTDELIVERED sorry for the delay, looks like there was some confusion on our end with your order. The $29 deadbolt + s&h has been processed for a refund.

It looks like your $149 order was unpaid from 2012 and thus we must have mistakenly issued you a migration coupon for Bolt. I’ve cancelled that migration order and double verified with the payment processor that no money was taken on that order (although your credit card was added to the system which is why it remained “active”).

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the refund email and I am double checking with Amazon Payments that this is the case.

Could you please let me know how the refund for the deadbolt and s&h will be returned? The card that was used is no longer valid so will be rejected.

@NOTDELIVERED that’s rarely the case as even with credit card numbers that have been replaced; it’s relatively common to refund to a card that has been replaced and in nearly all cases the processor is able to issue the refund to the new card.

If you don’t see a refund within 14 days, let us know and we can escalate with the processor to request refund tracking information.

That account no longer exists, so I am confident this will not proceed.

@cameron I am having a very similar problem. I order the Lockitron Bolt + Bridge + Keypad to the tune of $239.80 back in December 2016 through Amazon Payments. I received the Bolt, but still have not received the Bridge and Keypad. I have since purchased a different lock, and asked for a full refund on my purchase with you. This was several months ago. I got one email response from Tony Macarilay, but that was the last I heard anything. I have repeatedly sent messages since then for an update, or a simple reply, but have heard nothing. As a customer, there is nothing more frustrating than this, and it makes me wonder if this is happening to a great number of others. Has anyone successfully received a refund?

Since I have not received my order in full, and DO NOT wish to fulfill the order, I am hoping that by reaching out here directly, you can help, and make this right.

@bradleydanger sorry, looks like this got convoluted. Please either return the lock and I can process a whole refund (or let me know tracking information if you already did, but I don’t see it) or I can process a partial refund.

@cameron Thank you for the quick, and straightforward reply. I have the lock boxed up and ready to ship back, but haven’t sent in case I needed an RMA number, or something tying it to my order to avoid any further complications/delays/confusion. I would like to send it back for a full refund of $239.80. Please let me know how you’d like me to proceed and I will do so right away. Thanks again.

@bradleydanger just followed up directly via email on this.