Shipping Updates

I came here to say this exact thing. Lockitron ruined Christmas for the second year in a row AND Santa’s not real!! :sob:

+1 for Okidokeys. Just got one and can’t be happier. I’m glad I refunded my money last in January.

How well does the proximity/auto unlock work for Okidokeys? What is the range and can you set up the range in app?

The proximity/unlock for Okidokeys (which they call “Hands Free”) is currently based on the BLE range (about 30-40 feet). When you return home, and get within this range, the door will unlock. They are currently working on an app update which will use geofencing to turn Hands Free mode on/off (whereas now you currently have to manually turn it on in the app when you leave). They have released 2 app updates in the 2 months I have had the lock, and they are actively developing improvements to the app. Support has been remarkably responsive and helpful with any questions I have had. I am quite satisfied with it, and have since gotten my Lockitron order refunded.

Thanks for the reply. So you can’t leave the option on? Kind of a pain to turn it on every time.

You can’t currently leave the Okidokeys Hands Free option on all the time. But that will change in a month or two based on what they have told me (in an upcoming app update) once they include the geofencing feature (that will turn hands free on automatically when you come within a certain geographic perimeter of your home). And, unlike Lockitron, they have actually delivered on all of the promises they have made (so far). And heck, “kind of a pain” for a short while is a lot better than the total pain of having no lock at all from Lockitron.

So I ordered in October as a Christmas gift to my entire family. Now I know some of you have been waiting since 2013 and I respect that, Allthough I feel that I am equally entitled to my order because I have been lied to as well. I would not have let it charge my credit card a hefty 179$ (1/7 of my summer job earnings) if I’d had not said shipping October 2014??? Well it’s december 20 Christmas is in my doorstep. Even the biggest retailers are running out of time in their fastest shipping estimates. As that time passes the hope of my family opening lockitron on Christmas fades into dreams. The most recent update of shipping that I can find was November A: it’s december 20 people B: my order still says October 2014 LOL that date already happened. Finally every few months on your blog it vaguely mentioned that you have qued another backer or two. But nowhere on your dashboard does it explain which backer you are! This system is messed up just update- I mean guys seriously you are in buisness because of your backers- so listen to your backers and provide some customer service.

So I ordered in October as a Christmas gift to my entire family. Now I know some of you have been waiting since 2013 and I respect that, Allthough I feel that I am equally entitled to my order because I have been lied to as well. I would not have let it charge my credit card a hefty 179$ (1/7 of my summer job earnings) if I’d had not said shipping October 2014??? Well it’s december 20 Christmas is in my doorstep. Even the biggest retailers are running out of time in their fastest shipping estimates. As that time passes the hope of my family opening lockitron on Christmas fades into dreams. The most recent update of shipping that I can find was November A: it’s december 20 people B: my order still says October 2014 LOL that date already happened. Finally every few months on your blog it vaguely mentioned that you have qued another backer or two. But nowhere on your dashboard does it explain which backer you are! This system is messed up just update- I mean guys seriously you are in buisness because of your backers- so listen to your backers and provide some customer service.

I’ve been waiting since 2012, not 2013. It could be years before your lock arrives, if it arrives at all.

Unreal! 2 years later. I’m going to cancel, just got my August lock in the mail. They can ship immediately and it works awesome! I think lockitron just gave up on there backers at this point.

On Nov 7, 2014 I received a reply from support in response to my place in line inquiry for an order placed Dec 15, 2013 making me backer # 27,229

David Myers support@lockitron.com:
“We’ve shipped through backer #11,000, and are hoping to ship in higher volumes soon. Thanks for your patience thus far.”

According to the blog (http://blog.lockitron.com/) locktron has held at 11,500 for the holiday break due to “bottlenecks”

At a rate of ~10 units a day under holiday season rush conditions would it be fair to question if lockitron is not a company and just someones part time hobby? How can I EVER expect to get a unit at this rate, especially with August lock and Okidokeys shipping products at volume?

Can this company even make it to unit 27000 fueled on whatever is left in the bank and continued (or lack of) pre-order sales with a 2 year waiting list? I’m pretty tired of waiting and checking my dashboards estimated ship date which seems to always be in the past…

Ill “splurge” and get an August lock instead.

+10 to Okidokeys, I also cancelled the order from Knockitron and went for Okidokeys. I might as well go all out since I won’t be posting anymore (at least not to them). It is getting too ridiculous. Missing the deadline is one thing but lack of communication and update is another thing. I don’t mind having shipping delays and slightly different promises with the actual product. All in all, this is still a new thing for smart lock. However, at least inform us and be transparent. How long does it take to write a couple lines of what’s currently going on. But no, that’s why we keep posting on the forum and they don’t even answer. They only pick the ones they feel like answering, mostly for ppl that already got the unit. It just really pisses me off. How could they treat their buyers/backers like that. How would I get future support or ask for suggestions if they don’t even listen.

Good thing I went to Okidokeys which has all the feature I want from Knockitron. No need to knock on the door obviously. It got Bluetooth unlock, auto lock, notification and wifi support soon. With the smart reader, I also don’t have to worry if my phone might die. I can still use their tags to unlock, really can just get rid of my old house key. It costs a little more but it’s worth it when the product is actually working and with extra feature without sacrificing much battery life. I also get response back within hours, if not, a day at most.

What I really wanna say is for ppl who are still waiting (or just received and feel disappointed), you should revisit other smart locks out there. If you just want Bluetooth unlock, try Kevo or August. If you want Bluetooth and wifi, there’s Danalock or Okidokeys. You might hear some flaws and stuff about each of them but they’ve been out for awhile. There’s a lot of feedbacks from customers and updates to those locks now. (Yes, with good responses and support too.) A lot of things have already been improved. I think Knockitron is still a baby, everything is either in beta or in testing phase. When other locks will be perfected or started adding new feature, Knockitron probably just finish sorting things out. So, Knockitron will always be behind and with limitation (because wifi chip always uses more battery). Why wait longer, if you can get a smart lock now with better style, feature, battery life and support!

I give up. I’ve been waiting for over two years now and even if I received one, this isn’t a company I want to rely on for my home’s security. Submitted my refund request and hopefully it will be processed soon.

I also gave up. Just submitted my refund request. 2 years is too long for a device with so many new options now available. Lockitron had a good dream just did not act on it properly.

I also got tired of waiting. I submitted my refund request 3 weeks ago and have not heard back. Anytime I sent an email asking about the status of the original order I would get an email within 24 hours. Now I get no response.

Can someone please check the status of my refund before I need to take other actions.

I placed my order back in February 2013. Place in line is something like 18,700ish. Oh how I remember the days of shipping estimates that have me hope. I am SOOO glad I never let them actually charge my card and that my order was just a preorder.

Pretty sure by law they can’t hold your money for longer than 6 months (or something like that) without delivering.

Time to do some research on other products, but since no money is held up, I’ll keep my place in line for now.

Closing in on two years, it’s just comical at this point

Well, in my opinion, the only reason I’ve stuck with Lockitron since 2012 is because they had one step on every other competitor - WiFi. This week August added their Connect to enable this feature. If I don’t receive some serious, legitimate, reasonable deadlines for shipment - I am done. This is getting so god damn frustrating.

Why didn’t you just tell us about Bolt?! It’s obviously been in the works for a while, I just feel like I’ve been lied to the past few months. I am excited. Upset. Worried. Anxious. I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting…

@Mitch sorry, this is us telling you about Bolt. Talking about Bolt prematurely, when we didn’t have manufacturing, timelines and parts lined up would have been more unfair. We wanted to very concretely affix Bolt’s timelines before announcing anything.

Yeah so instead you kept all of us on the hook waiting for a product you had no intention of ever delivering. And since the new version replaces the dead bolt most people in apartment buildings can’t use it.

Gee thanks!!