Did you know that Lockitron is Wrist Ready?
Here's an example with Pebble, and Apple Watch, from the Lockitron Team:
There's a couple of different ways you can use Lockitron with your wearable of choice. Here are a few of the most popular options.
Use the official Lockitron app for iOS.
- Using the official Lockitron app, go to your lock of choice.
- Tap the padlock icon at the top right, and choose Settings.
- Tap Sense, and choose "Notifications".
- When approaching, the notification should appear
- Simply tap "Unlock".
Use the PebbleLock app made by fellow superuser @Hanlon
- Search the Pebble App store for PebbleLock
- Once downloaded, tap on PebbleLock in your locker, and add to your Pebble
- Tap on the app icon again, and choose "Settings"
- Log in to your Lockitron account, and authorize the app
- When approaching, open the app on your Pebble
- Press the up button to lock, or down to unlock
- Knock on door to wake up Lockitron if required
Note: This currently only works with Wi-Fi connected units. Lockitron Bolt will require Bridge to use this functionality.
Use Wear-A-Tron made by the awesome @kurtisnelson.
- Download and install Wear-A-Tron
- Open the app on your phone and login to authorize the app
- Choose your preferred lock
- When approaching, tell your device "Start Lockitron" and it will show the correct card
- Eventually your device will auto display this card based on location
Hope this helps everyone move closer to a key free future!
If you have any suggestions for this post, please let me know. If you have suggestions or feature requests for these apps, let their developers know!