Lockitron

Acquisiton, and what it means for the community

I too have changed payment info since purchase 5 years ago. @cameron

@Peter_Ehm @shartcher @s.dewart I don’t anything about the company that Chamberlain selected to process refunds but from what I can tell the process is fully independent from our old payment process. As such I believe that all refunds will arrive in the form of a paper check, so a mailing address is necessary.

Thanks for the response.

For those that have been contacted. Can you confirm who the email comes from ? Want to make sure it’s not a phishing attempt

I received one from noreply@pmci.com to an old Lockitron test account, so I believe that’s what you should be looking for. We did not share the Lockitron mailing list with anyone prior to the acquisition, so the likelihood of a phishing attempt is low.

1 Like

Hi thanks for responding.

I just completed the refund process on the email I just recieved from pmci.com. It looks like i was asked for the mailing address during the refund process. Does this mean refund will be in the form of a check?

I just want to make sure payment won’t be refunded to a visa/mastercard I may no longer have; since it’s been a while since i placed the order. I would rather get a check or change the refund method through a portal.

any thoughts?

@bonym yes -

…from what I can tell the process is fully independent from our old payment process. As such I believe that all refunds will arrive in the form of a paper check, so a mailing address is necessary.

I worried about Lockitron and the possibility of an acquisition / shutdown close to 3 years ago. See here

Do we have any information about what Chamberlain plans to do with things like the APIs, and IFTTT support. They seem to charge a monthly fee for access to IFTTT and Google Home for their other products. I spent quite a bit of time messing with the API to get it working with SmartThings.

I am also assuming that @cameron doesn’t have much say in what Chamberlain is going to do with the installed user base.

I assume that since they are offering to ship Lockitrons instead of a refund they plan on continuing the product in one form or another. My concern is that since there aren’t bridges, they may discontinue support in the future (or start charging for it). Honestly the time I use Lockitron the most is when I am out and realize that I haven’t locked the door, or want to check to see if I remembered to lock it.

I haven’t received any email in regards to my pending orders. Support@lockitron.com hasn’t responded to my email from 3/24/19. Has someone received an update status from Chamberlain or how to contact them?

@Dani185 followed up via DM; give it some time, I know the folks on Chamberlain are working away on Lockitron questions.

Can you use the bridge still? I can’t lock/unlock over internet anymore :frowning:

I installed chamberlain app and then uninstalled when seemed clear just bluetooth. My bolt continued to work for a couple of days on reinstalled Lockitron app…but thhe stopped. There is a post about unlinking bolt from myq app ( i did not do that)…so maybe would have worked again with Lockitron app. Got an August lock…moved on.

I can only lock/unlock from the internet “sometimes”, but this is the way it has been long time. It is not related to moving to the Chamberlain App and back to the Lockitron App.

My “at home” fix is to manually move the bolt (lock/unlock) which will eventually wake up the Bridge via Bluetooth or… I power-cycle the Bridge (I can see the blue light begin to flash on the Bridge).
At all times (even when I cannot connect to the lock by WiFi) I can ping the Bridge on my LAN.
I’ve been through so many debugging scenarios I now believe that the issue is the connection from the Bridge to the Lockitron Cloud. All of my LAN connections look good/active.

It would be nice to have a hint from Chamberlain that they will address these issues.

you nor an email to chamberlain have worked, and i feel like im getting left out of a bridge that didnt come with one of my bolt orders. I was told that i would get a bridge once chips were received and now it seems because my bolt was shipped to me, that the fact that i was supposed to get a bridge as well is being forgotten.

@Jason_Silva Chamberlain is aware of all the Lockitron obligations they took on in the acquisition including outstanding Bridges; unfortunately I don’t have knowledge of their plans around those obligations apart from the refunds they have offered thus far through PMCI.

I received this email from MyQ today indicating the Smart Garage Hub Gen 3 is compatible with Lockitron and will act as a bridge to be able to control it from anywhere. I’m interested to see how this will piece together since I have the HomeBridge to control my garage door with Siri. Does this mean I may also have official voice control over my Lockitron too? We’ll have to see once the Smart Garage Hub arrives.

I’m curious what triggered them sending you that email for the free hub! Lucky you.
Were your Lockitrons paired with the myQ app? I’d love to receive this same email.

I did. I linked my Lockitron within MyQ. Not sure if that triggered it or if it was something else. Either way it’s very nice of them and I’m eager to give it a go.

Just in case I just paired one of my locks to the myQ app.

I emailed Chamberlain support to ask about the free gen 3 hub offer.
technical.support@chamberlain.com
They replied back and said that all Lockitron bridge owners should have been emailed with info to receive the free hub.
I never got the email but they replied back with a link to enter in my address details.
If you did own a bridge definitely reach out to chamberlain support.

2 Likes