Lockitron Community

Android App 2.1.6 - Release Notes

We just pushed version 2.1.6 of the Lockitron Android app to the Play Store yesterday. This app contains a few bug fixes, including:

• Crashes we were seeing due to Bluetooth
  • The Bluetooth icon in the bottom right now works with the new Bluetooth protocol and should illuminate when connected to your Lockitron

We’ve tested the app in house on a Nexus 5 and verified that it connects consistently to Bluetooth (using ART, not Dalvik). If you’re having trouble connecting to Bluetooth after this update it’s likely due to the most recent firmware release where some Bluetooth modules weren’t fully updated. Drop us a line if this seems to be the case.

@cameron, just to verify, using ART runtime on a Nexus 5 is reliable now? I had to switch my Nexus 5 back to Dalvik because with ART the bluetooth on my Lockitron was crashing. Would like to switch back to ART if it won’t cause an issue with my Lockitron.

@guardian24 we’ve been testing with ART enabled on our Nexus 5 without issue - let me know if you have any trouble with it.

@cameron any chance you (or anyone) can chime in on some of the Android UI questions here?

@byron yes, responded.