Lockitron Community

Bolt - Review Discussion

So, This is concerning… :frowning:

Lockitron Bolt - User Reviews
Lockitron Bolt - User Reviews

@tywashere - I wrote something like this before, but to put this in to context, there were some 20,000 orders for the v2/crowdfunded Lockitron. Around 10,000 were shipped before the switch.

I don’t know orders numbers for Bolt.

Consider that there’s at least 10,000 orders to fulfill, and now consider there’s 1,000 users on this board, many of which have the v2/crowdfunded Lockitron, and did not order Bolt.

Consider even further that the actual amount of “active” users is even much, much, smaller than that.

You can also go a step further and consider the only people getting Bolt right now are those who ordered with no Bridge, so they’re using their Lockitron with Bluetooth, which is as straight forward as it gets.

Another step - we typically only see people that have questions. People tend not to sign up to a forum to say “Everything’s good, thanks!”. I’m willing to bet many of the customers don’t know this community exists (it’s only a link at the bottom of the front page). You yourself just signed up two hours ago (at the time of this post being written).

Extra step - if anyone is bothering to write everything’s all good or there’s a problem, they’re also probably contacting support@lockitron.com, at which point we won’t see the communication at all.

So to sum it up, I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t be worried. That’s up to you. There’s just a much bigger world than this forum though.

and no blog post in more than a month either.

@cnlson -

As a side note to all, if/when reviews start coming in, I’ll split the thread so there’s our discussion posts, and keep the original as strictly a list of reviews.

@anthonylavado I don’t disagree maybe there are several out there that have gone to the silent, but we live in a world that has unboxing videos for cat litter boxes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0L-jB8wifc.

You are a helpful person, I ran into you first on twitter when i was trying to find someone to ask about my order. So I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren’t a sockpuppet for cameron, however when I first put in an order last february for a bolt preview, delivery date was April, then August, the November, then undetermined. It’s one step forward 2 steps back and it’s not the first time. I originally backed the crowdfunded lockitron and after a year of waiting I gave up and I feel lucky for that since it delivered few units and even less of them working before it was superseded by a new wait for the bolt. I ordered a preview but when I checked no one could tell me when or if I would get my preview. The fact that it didn’t and the fact that those with preview units never put any video reviews seems crazy, but then again lockitron hasn’t put up their installation videos either…

as I’ve stared at what I’ve been writing over the past few minutes and thinking over the past 11 months (today in fact) I can’t think of one positive time. during that time I’ve backed other products and even received them. I can’t wait for this one any further. I’ve emailed orders@lockitron to cancel my order and refund. I feel like a fool for trusting @lockitron after being burned once already.

I’m Done.

@tywashere - People do anything for hits on YouTube these days. I won’t disagree there :smile:

There was an unboxing by Dan Bragiel on Periscope, but as is the case with Periscope, the broadcast is gone.

@cnlson - I don’t know how much of preview you were able to follow if you were a opted in to it. The fact that you’ve only recently registered for the forums tells me that it’s not very much, if at all. Lockitron did indicate that they were only shipping up to 1,000 Preview units.

In previous blog posts, they mentioned that they did not ship out all of those, as they got the feedback they needed. Preview was intended for folks who were 100% comfortable getting something that may or may not work as intended, to help refine the product, and provide valuable feedback. Because of this, there were statements such as this:

This is why you haven’t seen any videos (unboxing, installation, or otherwise), as Bolt Preview backers were not, and are still not allowed to discuss their experiences publicly. Suffice to say, Bolt Preview orders did go out (to a certain extent), they are in use (to a certain extent), and there was feedback provided.

It was also mentioned that any remaining Preview backers were migrated to Bolt Production, so they are still going to get a unit (if they choose to keep their order).

If you choose to cancel your order, you are absolutely able to, and I believe you have the correct e-mail to do so.

As for being a sockpuppet for @cameron? I am absolutely not, and I think my Twitter account alone should be enough to establish that. If it helps you feel any better, I’m not even from the USA at all.

[quote=“anthonylavado, post:8, topic:2104, full:true”]
@cnlson - I don’t know how much of preview you were able to follow if you were a opted in to it. The fact that you’ve only recently registered for the forums tells me that it’s not very much if at all. Lockitron did indicate that they were only shipping up to 1,000 Preview units.[/quote] Originally when I signed up it was 3000, i am vaguely aware that may have changed and I know i was rudely told that my buying a preview did not matter and they couldn’t even tell me where in line I was on the preview the one time i checked with support. (this was straw 1)

In previous blog posts, they mentioned that they did not ship out all of those, as they got the feedback they needed. Preview was intended for folks who were 100% comfortable getting something that may or may not work as intended, to help refine the product, and provide valuable feedback. [/quote] I was well aware and I have qualifications that would might have been valuable since I am a Quality Assurance software tester currently and I was exec level tech support at gateway back in the day.

This is why you haven’t seen any videos (unboxing, installation, or otherwise), as Bolt Preview backers were not, and are still not allowed to discuss their experiences publicly. [/quote] Which seems pretty crazy to me if they had a successful preview. I can understand while bug crushing was going on, I can partially understand after bug crushing and prior to shipping, but I absolutely cannot imagine why, now after units are being shipped, that previewers aren’t released to discuss. Imagine what they could share with the community if they were allowed? I guess I’m glad I didn’t get mine because after they were shipping I would have no longer felt the need to abide by an NDA for a product that was no longer in need of shielding.

If you choose to cancel your order, you are absolutely able to, and I believe you have the correct e-mail to do so.

As for being a sockpuppet for @cameron? I am absolutely not, and I think my Twitter account alone should be enough to establish that. If it helps you feel any better, I’m not even from the USA at all.
[/quote] If I gave you the wrong thought, I apologize, I said that you seem nice and sincere and not a sock puppet, so please accept my apology if you thought I was intimating anything different.

I hope my cancellation is handled expediently, I’ve emailed twice so far. Once last night when I was typing a reply and once this morning again. So far no replies from lockitron.

Incidentally, it took me 5 minutes to find something to replace this, something that is shipping, something that isn’t deliverable at some amorphous future date maybe. Unless the bolt is delivered soon there really won’t be a reason for anyone to continue to wait for this.

refund showed up today, They were very prompt in response and the refund came quick.

Reviews would require that customers actually have the item in their possession.

@cnlson - Good to hear. Sorry about the saltiness the other day, rough day at work.

If you ever do need another smart lock, Lockitron’s around. As a home automation enthusiast, I’d be happy to chat any time.

unlisted #13