Lockitron Community

Eager Connection won't stay selected

Anybody know what “eager connection” is supposed to do, or how to get it to stay selected? I turn it on, hoping that will make Proximity Unlock work, but after I save it, when I come back to the Settings page, it’s turned off again.

Eager connection means that it will try to start connecting to Bluetooth on the Bolt as soon as it reaches the geofence area.

The default behaviour goes like this:

• reach geofence area
  • app wakes up, starts checking location in greater detail
  • as soon as you are closer to the door (about 5 feet I believe), connect via Bluetooth and unlock

With eager connection:

• reach geofence area
  • app wakes up, starts checking location in greater detail
  • immediately start attempting to connect via Bluetooth and unlock

In practical use, it means the difference between the door unlocking while you’re in the driveway, versus when walking up to the door.

@anthonylavado Thanks! Mine won’t stay selected. It never has, even after I save my settings. I’d love for this to work. Are there any any fixes for this?

Hrm. I’m not too sure. I’m on iOS, and it seems to stay selected for me. I will say that if Sense isn’t working in general, this might not make it any better.

The only thing I can think of suggesting that would be universal to any platform is to sign out, uninstall the app, re-install, and sign in.

I don’t know if you’ve tried, but the support e-mail might be the best way to troubleshoot further.