While we don’t typically write extended release notes for our app releases (we haven’t for Android in a while), this past release was a big one. We’ve also see a couple of bugs which are likely due to some schema changes and can be resolved easily.
New in 2.2.1:
- Status updates about when a pending command is expected to go through as well as the ability to cancel pending commands
- Information about when your Lockitron is updating (and thus momentarily unusable)
- New Bluetooth protocol compatible, paving the way for Sense
Fixed in 2.2.1:
- Crashes when attempting to invite additional users caused by large contact books
- Better status/state reporting (although there are some fixes we’re working on for the web end to assist with this)
Known issues in 2.2.1:
- Owners and admins lose ability to manage users and check activities; this is solved by logging out of the app and logging back in again
A note about the Bluetooth protocol update
We are working on getting the latest firmware update later this week - this update speaks the new Bluetooth protocol. We’ve seen a couple of bugs in testing, however, this build has been far more reliable in connecting to Bluetooth than our previous updates. The update will be pushed down in the background and we will let everyone know once it goes through. Removing and replacing the battery may be necessary to re-enable Bluetooth after the update.