Lockitron Community

Lockitron mail server on spam blacklist

My daughter tried to reset her password for her lockitron account associated with our Bolt.

She could not receive the email because the email server lockitron uses is on a spam blacklist at spamcop.net - a reliable spam blacklist:

Nov 26 16:18:23 rockridge postfix/smtpd[9049]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from o4.31pqt.s2shared.sendgrid.net[167.89.55.65]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [167.89.55.65] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?167.89.55.65; from=bounces+4533-852b-user=host.com@emailer.lockitron.com to=user@host.com proto=ESMTP helo=<o4.31pqt.s2shared.sendgrid.net>

I subsequently tried creating a new account for her at gmail.com and the email never arrived, perhaps for the same reason.

@jjd it sounds like they blocked a SendGrid server. We’ve gone through most of the hoops available to ensure that Lockitron.com isn’t blocked (and our reputation according to SendGrid is currently 99%), but unfortunately it’s hard to control when our email provider gets flagged :confused:

Yes, that is hard. Though as a paying customer, you should be able to complain and get them to fix it. Right now, anyone receiving email at a site that blocks spammers cannot receive “password forgotten” emails or “invite new user” emails. That makes the Lockitron system unusable.

If sendgrid.net cannot fix it, you should find a different email provider.

@jjd hmm I didn’t realize that you were referencing a Gmail account. I haven’t heard of this; SendGrid also indicates when we bounce due to spam and I haven’t seen anything recently. Could you send me her new email address? Sounds like the blacklist might be coincidental with an email bug on our end.

At first it wasn’t a gmail address – that’s why was able to include the SMTP log above. However, when that failed, I tried gmail and that never received her. I will PM you the address. It would have occurred in your logs about 16:30 EST on 26 November. (+/- 15 minutes)