Lockitron Community

New Firmware update to 1533846445

@cameron any news on this? The lock or way to debug this bridge issue ? If I use the bt in phone lock seams to work , but wifi bridge looses the status of the lock and teels me the wronb state and is not trust worthy. Then the app crashes. And I never know if my door is locked or not til I get home , so I would have to say this is quite urgent in need of fix.

Thanks

@haffi this is a lock issue or web server issue; no changes have been made to Bridge lately. Investigating with the firmware folks this week.

@cameron Wondering if there were any discoveries around the issues that have crept up with remote updating of actual lock status.

Same here. Lots of us with this issue.

@klidec I’m still waiting to hear back on confirmation but it sounds like a bug crept in how messages are parsed. I will follow up as I know more and anything about a resolution.

Also I notice that the battery is still showing 35% after replacement of batterys one week ago.

@haffi yes, the failure in the firmware would impact battery readings as well. Trying to get an idea on when a patch will be ready.

Can we go back to older firmware as a rollback since this is causing quite some inconvenance ?

@cameron how are things looking with the fix?

@cameron Checking in again.

@klidec @haffi sorry, I’m getting reports that are conflicting with thoughts that the firmware alone is to blame. I have one theory that the bug is somewhere in the middleware. Can I have one or both of you test un-pairing the Bridge from the Lockitron, powering it down for 30 seconds, then re-pairing?

I’ll give it a go and get back to you.

no change in behavior.
Same issues when updating status via wifi after manual lock changes.
When using the app to lock and unlock the lock sometimes the app ends up in the right state sometimes stays in the wrong state after performing the lock/unlock action.

Also just FYI: When i unpaired and after waiting 30 seconds I had to go through the new device process to repair and re-blink up the bridge to wifi.

No differance, also my app crashes in Iphone x after i lock or unlock on wifi.

On my iphone XS the app also occasionally crashes when using wifi for lock unlock.
It also sometimes crashes if I’m in the app and turn Bluetooth back on and then unlock or lock the door via BT.

Mine does it now 100% all the time. Good thing I use api mostly to lock and unlock.

@cameron how are things looking? Did the information on the tests help?

@klidec thanks for the help. I need to ask the firmware folks to test the upgrade in a full path (i.e. 149 to 153) as I believe they may have been using an external programmer. Unfortunately I’m not super close the the process and will have to wait for them to get back.

@cameron how are things progressing?

Status? This is getting sad on this end , lock is unasable for what its meant. Just using keys again. Cant leave us hanging here, We need old firmware back or this one fixed.