Lockitron Community

New Firmware update to 1533846445

@klidec @haffi sorry, I’m getting reports that are conflicting with thoughts that the firmware alone is to blame. I have one theory that the bug is somewhere in the middleware. Can I have one or both of you test un-pairing the Bridge from the Lockitron, powering it down for 30 seconds, then re-pairing?

I’ll give it a go and get back to you.

no change in behavior.
Same issues when updating status via wifi after manual lock changes.
When using the app to lock and unlock the lock sometimes the app ends up in the right state sometimes stays in the wrong state after performing the lock/unlock action.

Also just FYI: When i unpaired and after waiting 30 seconds I had to go through the new device process to repair and re-blink up the bridge to wifi.

No differance, also my app crashes in Iphone x after i lock or unlock on wifi.

On my iphone XS the app also occasionally crashes when using wifi for lock unlock.
It also sometimes crashes if I’m in the app and turn Bluetooth back on and then unlock or lock the door via BT.

Mine does it now 100% all the time. Good thing I use api mostly to lock and unlock.

@cameron how are things looking? Did the information on the tests help?

@klidec thanks for the help. I need to ask the firmware folks to test the upgrade in a full path (i.e. 149 to 153) as I believe they may have been using an external programmer. Unfortunately I’m not super close the the process and will have to wait for them to get back.

@cameron how are things progressing?

Status? This is getting sad on this end , lock is unasable for what its meant. Just using keys again. Cant leave us hanging here, We need old firmware back or this one fixed.

@cameron Congrats on the Chamberlain deal!

Or at least i hope it’s congrats.
I also hope this means you’ll get more resources to help improve the services/bugs…

@klidec thanks, this has actually been in the works since early last year.

Although I can’t supply many details, the folks at Chamberlain are working on some great next steps for Lockitron. Unfortunately that also means Paul and I are further away from debugging issues like this and getting fixes deployed.

I didn’t have a hand in this latest release, although it seems as though next to nothing should have changed which is why we’re puzzling over this bug (and starting to suspect it might be on the web side). I’ll be working more closely again with folks towards the end of the month, but I would say keep an eye out for more news from Chamberlain (in general).

Keep us posted on where the future support requests should go.
If there are other tests i can run please let me know or have chamberlain reach out.

I found this forum just now. Ive been having the exact same issue since the latest firmware in October. I wish I hadn’t upgraded. Luckily everything else works fine, but when I come home and manually lock the door (once inside), homebridge doesn’t recognize the locked state. I’ve learned to live with it.

@cameron any further progress? I think I’m nearing the end of the line for my smart home endeavors. My wife keeps looking directly into my front door cam with a face that says “i’m not happy with you turning my home ‘smart’”. :smile:

I would love the old firmware, since this would fix the issue. Also will my lock now stop working since I guess your servers will not be running…?

@haffi there hasn’t been any messaging from Chamberlain with respect to the Lockitron servers; see my reply on this thread: Acquisiton, and what it means for the community

I have had the same issues as haffi with the new firmware. Is there a way to go back one version. That one worked without issues. Now I’m leaving home and when I check randomly my door stays unlocked, doesn’t lock up anymore like it did before.

@cameron
I emailed lockitron support weeeks ago to try and get some attention to this api/firmware issue. I’ve heard no response from chamberlain. Sent them a link to this thread.

Any way you can nudge them to look into this?
Away from home without direct access to a bt connection with the lock, you just can’t trust the lock status. What is your honest take on this? Do you think this will get resolved?

This is a sad issue :frowning: