Lockitron Community

Refund Questions

@cameron
So when will international pre-order Bolts with Bridge will be fulfill ?
When I asked for refund, your support tell me that my money already get funded for the production of my Lockitron and "all remaining Lockitrons for pre-order backers will are nearing completion and are expected to leave our factory in the next 4-6 weeks."
But according to your answer, you only ship Bolts without Bridge for domestic buyers and obviously it’s no way you could fulfill all Bridge for those orders within a month or even two.
Could you tell me when I will receive my product ? If not, I want to my refund. I buy your product because your website told me that I will receive it in “8-10 weeks” and It’s almost a year and you still cannot give me a delivery date ?
So, please provide a properly delivery date for my Bolts with Bridge or return my money. “funded for the production” just an execute, we both know that.
Regards,

@cameron can I get a refund on an international order? I can’t really wait any longer.

@cameron any update on my question ? I saw you bring my reply here for awhile but I got no response from you or support :slight_smile:

@hunterbmt I see support replied to the last email; that’s the best place for refund questions.

After waiting for over 3 1/2 years I finally lost all hopes of ever seeing my unit.

Just sent
an email to support@lockitron.com hopefully i’ll hear back a bit faster for the order cancellation than for the order.

Impatient to ear from the Lockitron crew.

Thanks much & have a great weekend all.

thats a real shame rocque, they just got a huge amount from their manufacturer… ive got mine and i really love it!

I too have been waiting over three years. I emailed support for a refund and was told

We really apologize for the delay. As previously noted, we have already allocated the funds to produce your unit - please see our full details on how we work to process refunds where possible at https://lockitron.com/terms.

I was really expecting the company to have a more friendly return policy!

mike

Order #101753167
BBB Complaint ID# 511349

Your bullshit portal estimated a ship date of 12/12 to 12/14 with a delivery time of 3-10 day. Where the fuck is the box? How am I supposed to track the status if the dashboard and your emails don’t provide tracking information? If you actually listened to my previous requests for a refund and didn’t ship it, when will I receive it?

I’ve been emailing support@lockitron.com about once a week for the last 8-9 weeks with no response. The emails are being read as my email client tracks opens yet I’ve received no responses. I’m looking for some kind of response about my refund. The last response I did receive asked for my address to send a shipping label to which I provided. I’ve received no label in the mail. My order was canceled in the dahsboard and I recieved 1 of 2 units. The one unit wasn’t supposed to be sent to me.

I’m looking for a specific response to know when I’ll receive my refund and how I’ll receive that refund
I’m looking to know when I’ll receive the return label to return the unit that was sent to me by mistake as well.

My current situation and timeline:

• 9/10/2013 Original order placed for 2 units with a promise date by early 2014
  • 9/10/2013 received email confirmation with a statement that says I can cancel my order up until order has shipped
  • 8/28/2016 still no products received
  • 8/29/2016 requested refund
  • lockitron refuses to refund order until all backorders are fulfilled with no expected due date
  • many emails with aldwin with no resolution
  • 11/30/2016 receive email with tracking number for 1 of 2 units that shouldn’t have been shipped
  • 11/30/2016 emailed support with tracking number to have them revert order back to them.
  • 12/1/2016 receive 1 of 2 units (have no idea if bridge is included) have not opened
  • 12/2/2016 request return label and refund
  • 12/4/2016 last response from Aldwin requesting my address for them to send a return label to
  • 12/4/2016 address sent, no response
  • 12/6/2016 Dashboard finally shows that my orders have been canceled
  • sent about 9 emails with no responses over 8 weeks
  • 2/4/2017 still have 1 unit that needs to be sent back
  • 2/4/2017 still no refund, yet my order has been canceled

Orders:
Refund amount : $298

Now that’s a customer horror story if I’ve ever heard one. I know production/development times have always been lengthy to say the least and customer service rather unresponsive at times but it sounds like things have gotten worse, not better since the initial crowdfunded model was rolled out.

Sadly, after hardwiring my own model my experience hasn’t been too bad. It’s definitely buggy but overall it’s not a bad product. It’s really a shame production can’t keep up. Maybe they bit off more than they can chew with switching gears to the bolt so soon rather than fixing the crowdfunded model? Hmm… who knows. Regardless,I hope you get your refund! Good luck!

my topic was merged into this long thread but still no response, not even a
"we’ll look into it"?

@customer apologies, unfortunately we’re backlogged on generating labels for this scenario. If you return the units and let us know the total, we’ll include in the refund.

@cameron thanks for the response. I actually got a response from Aldwin today but of course it was vague and not complete:

" I have gone ahead and have refunded and canceled your order.

We always appreciate feedback and would love if you could fill out this simple 2-question survey about your cancellation: http://lockitron.polldaddy.com/s/cancellations."

I responded asking how I have been refunded but no response yet. I’d be happy to send the single unit back but I have not received the return label that I was supposed to receive.

Hello @cameron I’ve ordered my lockitron in May 2014 and have been really waiting for it as it would tremendously help my business. Years were passing I was constantly being fed by promises but it never came, lastly about half a year ago I received an e-mail that lockitron can’t ship international orders due to Amazon policy…so I replied that I can receive it to my USA PO box and deal with the rest myself…however since then support was just avoiding me in my many letters.

Finally 2 months ago I decided to request refund and Aldwin said he did, I’ve checked with my bank 5 times already and nothing is received, lockitron’s support ignores me again .

Can you do something about it? It has been really really disappointing the whole experience with lockitron, I got that it was a crowdfunded project and expected waiting for a year…but it is almost 3 years passed.

I’d love to receive a refund, but it would be even better to get the Lockitron itself within a month…if no then a refund. I could really receive it in my PO box in USA and pay for delivery myself.

Hope for a quick resolution.

my lockitron account is under radmitry@icloud.com

I’m glad to say after 6 months, I received my refund. It was issued back to the original CC used (luckily it was still active). The funny thing is I still have a lockitron with no return label received yet to send it back. The sad thing is that they issued the refund to my CC which is pretty easy to do so it’s confusing why it took so long to do it.

@cameron are you guys going to send me a return label to send the one lockitron back?

…or let us know the size and weight of the return box.

The size and weight is: 4lbs 13.5" x 10.5" x 4.5"

@cameron i’ve received no response. I’m willing to take the time to send the unit back but I need a label. I do not plan on continually trying to get a response. So i’ll wait for a response for now but, if I don’t get a response after so long, i’ll dispose of the unit I incorrectly received.

Required a cancellation 3 weeks ago and after acknowledging my email and me confirming I did want to cancel, suddenly no more replies.

Supposedly the product is ready but can’t ship (not sure how hard is putting it in a box and calling UPS is… sending stuff oversea isn’t rocket science and UPS will gladly charge import cost to the receiver if asked) but either way I just want my money back and finally get a new door lock.

@cameron Hi there, I would like to ask for a refund. I have sent an email via your webform, so if you could help to follow up please.

Thanks,