Lockitron Community

Shipping Updates

@Iceman that’s a completely unfair characterization. We intended on delivering Lockitrons to everyone - we spent a lot of talking to current backers about the new Lockitron and as such we believed that we were offering backers a better product. Sorry that Lockitron won’t work for your situation, that wasn’t our intention but I understand Key Match doesn’t cover all situations.

Can you explain why you think that’s unfair.

Originally you might have intended to. As far as I can tell you haven’t been shipping any of the old units for months. So after not shipping any lockitrons for at least a month or two and not telling the people who backed or pre ordered from you that they won’t get that version even when they waited for years, why do you think you deserve us to buy your products?

I was suppose to have my lockitron on March of 2013 and you still haven’t managed to get things working on that version. Now I’m told almost 2 years later you can’t have it sorry here is our new product. Doing so has lost all my confidence if your company.

If you pre ordered a brand new electric car claiming to get 200 miles to a charge and all the electronic bells and whistles like auto locking doors, remote control etc . The manufacture you ordered it from had trouble getting 20 miles to a charge, the doors didn’t auto lock, had issues with jaming and most of the other functions that were in the car didn’t work as they claimed. But because they were trying to fix it you waited for 2 years for that car and the manufacture sent you a email saying we discontinued that model of car and now have a totally different car would you pre order it? Would you ever buy a car from that company again?

@Iceman

If you pre ordered a brand new electric car claiming to get 200 miles to a charge and all the electronic bells and whistles like auto locking doors, remote control etc . The manufacture you ordered it from had trouble getting 20 miles to a charge, the doors didn’t auto lock, had issues with jaming and most of the other functions that were in the car didn’t work as they claimed. But because they were trying to fix it you waited for 2 years for that car and the manufacture sent you a email saying we discontinued that model of car and now have a totally different car would you pre order it? Would you ever buy a car from that company again?

I completely understand your point of view on this, but we didn’t stop trying to fix the crowdfunded Lockitron when we started work on Bolt. To the contrary, we’ve literally reached some of the limits of what we can fix in the crowdfunded Lockitron, namely in the knock sensor’s capabilities and battery life. That’s precisely why we announced a different product.

I think you stated why a lot of us with devices are pissed we have to pay again.

You realized Bolt is what Lockitron should have been - so why are those of us who funded your initial effort having to pay again for what we initially thought we were getting? That’s my biggest problem with the way Bolt is being handled currently.

I don’t think you do understand. If you understood when you started working on the new version in August because of the limitations you would have told the community and gave the people on the waiting list the option to get the current version or wait for one that may actually deliver the things the old one claimed to have.

So since the battery issue and knock sensor are issues you can’t fix I assume that anyone who has a issue with these components can now start asking for a full refund?

Exactly, my knock sensor still doesn’t work and my battery has reduced to one week after the Sense update.

We bought Lockitron because of the features advertised and the product we got is half baked. Now you have a unit that promised it will work, so this pretty much guarantee a recall of the V2.

If the V2 is working as advertised and you have a better one now. Yea, we will look into upgrading by purchasing it.

At least to me, the ugly truth is that Lockitron has used the early backer as beta testers. Taking the crowdfunded money to develop “Bolt” (If Lockitron came out saying V2 is a mess and we are developing a new model, imagine all the refund requests from people ordering the V2 and Lockitron will pretty much lose all their money backing).

I Never received the Studio White faceplate that I ordered.

Your blog link here states: “we will be shipping out the first color available and a free faceplate in your original color choice will follow.”

Can you make sure that I wasn’t overlooked?

@aka45 please see blog.lockitron.com and this thread.

none of us ever got our faceplates that we wanted… unless you actually ordered black… i still dont understand how a manufacturer cant make these dang things… like seriously… its hard to believe that this is not possible to make white plastic… i kinda see it everywhere… i think theyre just more guarding their pockets. now now we gotta spray paint these things or just keep the ugly black on the door. its really annoying me now to know that i got something that i didnt want, considering i wanted quick sliver.

@Cameron I cancelled my order back at the end of December / beginning of January and have not seen my refund. I have sent emails to support already and have not heard anything back. I’ve waited over 2 years for a product and couldn’t deal with it anymore. I am glad I requested my refund before the big change to the new Bolt. Please let me know when I can see my refund…

I am order number 4701 placed in December of 2012… I wish I could get my husband to cancel this but he is determined to see this through and get our lockitron after all this time. When do you plan on shipping out those orders? Every few month we check and every few months we are told that it is coming…

This is just getting stupid.

I was hoping to get an update on when my Locktron might ship, along with whether I am eligible for the new Bolt. My place in line is 9206 according to my dashboard.

My payment credentials seem to be invalid which may be contributing to the delay. But I have been unable to update my payment information. When I requested help in the past, I received the following message from your support team:

—If you would like to reactivate your place in line, you can do so by updating the billing information for your order by logging in to your Dashboard at the following link:https://lockitron.com/account/login. Next, click the “Orders” tab, then click the “Edit” button next to the “Invalid credit card” message.—

Unfortunately, the “Edit” button doesn’t seem to exist or be available in my dashboard as described. Further emails regarding my situation have gone unanswered. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and help.

@curtispiper if there was an issue with payment the first time you may have been dropped off some of the mailing lists - ping support@lockitron.com with a subject line including “for Cameron from community” (or something along those lines) and I will take a look. It’s easier than a DM since we have a bunch of tools to check your order status there.

@cameron
I need to have a realistic update regarding the shipping estimate of my order.
I belive I and many others have been more than patient with Lockitron.

I placed my order on April 2014, and it was originally expected to ship on October 2014
I have the following place in line: 15238.
I have contacted support requesting this many times but I haven’t got a straight answer.

Please reply with a shipping estimate date for my order so I can decide whether to cancel it or keep waiting.

I am in the exact same situation. Ordered April 2014. It has been over 14 months since I placed and payed for my order. I still have no update when I will receive my unit.

@Pablo_Valente I’ve followed up via email but will post here as well. Sorry if we missed your emails, but I only saw one asking for a timeline that came through recently. Posted on another thread, but adding below:

we’re shipping Preview units now (slowly) and pleased by the latest firmware. We’re leveraging the Preview period to do another circuit board spin to optimize the antenna design (exactly what Preview was for) but otherwise the units are working well mechanically and electronically save some firmware hiccups.

Our production timeline has always been predicated on Preview shipments - i.e. as Preview is working well, we feel confident to ship Production. This is what we should have done with the crowdfunded Lockitron, but instead we mistakenly rushed into shipping units because people were so anxious to get the product. We aren’t going to do that again this time.

Given this is cropping up on other threads, this is our current best estimate: the new slide on battery cover and other cosmetic portions are in tooling, which we expect to have first shots from in 40 days (casts take longer). While the mechanical aspect of these parts is minimal, we will have to do a couple of adjustments on the tools after that.

In the meantime we’re setting up all of our assembly line, flashing and testing procedures with Bolt Preview.

I also want to hone in on one additional thing - we announced Bolt in February as an entirely new product and had only made the decision to migrate to it from the crowdfunded Lockitron shortly before that.

Now, four months later, we’ve started shipping Preview units that are performing far better than the crowdfunded Lockitron did out the gate and are working carefully to make the most robust and consistent product in the category with a partner who can scale production quickly once we’re 100% ready, rather than rushing Lockitron out.

Cameron, to be frank with you, the vagueness of the rollout schedule is disappointing. You say you don’t want to rush lockitron out, but at what point is rushing out vs not being able to ship a product that has been this long in limbo. The pictures in the updates seem to show a “few” units. Can you give any type of expectation to us the customers? I have migrated to Bolt preview, but still have seen nothing as far as an expected ship date. Is there any light you can shed on this? I understand you don’t want to ship a product that has issues, however, Kwikset Kevo and August Smart Lock were able to figure it out. I am quite tempted to try their product. Seriously…

We have been waiting for two years and a half! Too much @cameron

Order Placed Oct 30 2012… make that almost 3

I think this thread needs to be resurrected. I just read your most recent email/blog update. Every time these come in, I get excited, expecting some sort of answers. And every time I get let down. Don’t get me wrong, hearing all the updates from the production are pretty cool, but that is the information we should have received in 2012, not 2015.

So please Lockitron, start giving us some timelines for production units. Frankly, I don’t want anything to do with a Preview unit, seeing how the original Lockitron’s did in the market.

Place in Line 1615
Shipping Estimate Pending Update
Placed October 16, 2012 @ 1:10 AM PST